OFFICER NOMINATIONS ARE OPEN
Covenant Partners of New City Church are encouraged to seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit and then nominate the men He leads you to consider. We appreciate your prayerful participation in this important process. Here are some helpful thoughts as you begin:
- Listen to the three part series on servant leadership.
- Read 1 Timothy 3:1-13 and Titus 1:5-9; ask the Holy Spirit to bring to mind men within our church who demonstrate (albeit imperfectly) these qualifications of Scripture.
- Completing a nomination form can take as little as five minutes if you are not too wordy.
Here are some answers to frequently asked questions:
1. Can spouses nominate their husbands?
Absolutely! One of the key determining factors for a nominee is whether or not his wife agrees that he is called and qualified for the office.
2. Do existing officers need to be renominated?
No. Existing officers do not need to be renominated.
3. How many nominations can we make?
There is no limit on the number of people you can nominate.
4. Do I need to tell a person he has been nominated?
No. In fact, we recommend that you do not do this.
5. Does it really take 15 minutes?
Not necessarily. If you aren't too wordy, each nomination takes about 5 minutes. It's okay to keep it short - you don't need to convince anyone of your nominee's merits - anyone who receives three or more nominations will go through a very thorough vetting process.
6. Do married couples have to limit themselves to one nomination per person?
No. Each Covenant Partner can nominate whomever they feel the Spirit leading them to nominate. If a couple completes a nomination form together, we will count this as two nominations.