Our kids have fun; learning to know God and make Him known through exciting and engaging teaching of God’s grace-filled plan for mankind found in Scripture, memorization of God’s Word, and the joyful discovery of God’s redemptive purpose in their lives.
New City Church is a safe environment for children whether they attend New City Kids with their friends or stay with their parents in the Worship Gathering. The staff and volunteers of New City Kids, together with our Security Team, work diligently to ensure that every child is kept safe as they play, learn, and worship.
- Every volunteer who works with kids and students at New City Church has passed an extensive background check.
- Children are checked-in and out of their classrooms.
- A visible police officer is in our parking lot during the Worship Gathering every Sunday.
- Teachers have a roster each week to ensure that no child goes missing.
- Our Security Team patrols the hallways of the building during the Worship Gathering.
- A supervisor is always on hand to respond to any needs that arise. A walkie-talkie is in each classroom.
At New City Kids we strive to come alongside parents as they are a child's primary discipleship leader. Over the years we have listed, created, and gathered many resources we believe will be helpful. This is an ongoing collection, so please let us know if you are aware of anything that should be added.
It is important to us that our children know that this is not just their parents' church. As the Apostle Peter made clear in his first sermon (Acts 2) the Promise is for us and for our children. The Book of Church Order reminds us (6-1) that the children of believers are, through the covenant and by right of birth, non-communing members of the Church. They are entitled to the sacraments of baptism, to the benefits of pastoral oversight and instruction - all with a view toward their coming to embrace Christ personally - making their parents' faith their own.
About once a year we offer a Kids & Students Covenant Partnership Class in which we focus on the essentials of our faith and work alongside our children to help them develop the ability to articulate their understanding of the gospel. Once they can give a credible profession of faith and demonstrate the ability to examine themselves beforehand, the elders will make communion available to them.
To be sure you are always informed about the goings-on of New City Kids, complete the form below to be added to our monthly email newsletter.