Our kids have fun; learning to know God and make Him known through exciting and engaging teaching of God’s grace-filled plan for mankind found in Scripture, memorization of God’s Word, and the joyful discovery of God’s redemptive purpose in their lives.
PRE-REGISTER YOUR CHILD
9:00: All CLASSROOMS
11:00: All Classrooms
On the third Sunday of each month we are excited to have our K-5th grade kids join us for the main worship gathering.
Space is limited within New City Kids classrooms, therefore we have made pre-registration available so you can be assured that there is a space for your child when you arrive. Registration goes live on Thursdays.
New City Church is a safe environment for children whether they attend New City Kids with their friends or stay with their parents in the Worship Gathering. The staff and volunteers of New City Kids, together with our Security Team, work diligently to ensure that every child is kept safe as they play, learn, and worship.
- Every volunteer who works with kids and students at New City Church has passed an extensive background check.
- Every volunteer who works with kids and students at New City Church undergoes MinistrySafe training.
- All staff, volunteers, and families enter New City Kids via one entryway from the lobby. No-one enters through an exterior door.
- Teachers have a roster each week to ensure that no child goes missing.
- Our Security Team patrols the hallways of the building during the Worship Gathering.
- Children are checked-in and out of their classrooms.
- A supervisor is always on hand to respond to any needs that arise. A walkie-talkie is in each classroom.
- The New City Kids restrooms (off the hallway) are for kids and volunteers only.
- New City Kids is a secure area. Only the following people are permitted to enter:
- The director, volunteers, and childcare providers
- Children checked-into a classroom
- Parents accompanying children to childcare or a classroom
Well Child Policy
For the protection of our children, families, volunteers, and childcare providers, please adhere to these guidelines when determining if you should bring your child to church.
Please do not bring a child with any of these symptoms to church:
- Fever over 100.4° (currently or within the last 24 hours)
- Vomiting or diarrhea (currently or within the last 24 hours)
- Childhood diseases (i.e. chicken pox, mumps, measles, etc ...)
- Runny nose that is not clear
- Persistent dry cough / shortness of breath
- A new loss of taste and/or smell
- Body aches / headaches
- Cold sore
- Sore throat
- Unexplained rash
- Uncovered cuts
- Skin infections
- Eye infections
If your child begins to exhibit any of these symptoms during our care, we will notify you immediately and request that you take your child home.
Thank you for helping us maintain a healthy environment for everyone.
At New City Kids we strive to come alongside parents as they are a child's primary discipleship leader. Over the years we have listed, created, and gathered many resources we believe will be helpful. This is an ongoing collection, so please let us know if you are aware of anything that should be added.
It is important to us that our children know that this is not just their parents' church. As the Apostle Peter made clear in his first sermon (Acts 2) the Promise is for us and for our children. The Book of Church Order reminds us (6-1) that the children of believers are, through the covenant and by right of birth, non-communing members of the Church. They are entitled to the sacraments of baptism, to the benefits of pastoral oversight and instruction - all with a view toward their coming to embrace Christ personally - making their parents' faith their own.
About once a year we offer a Kids & Students Covenant Partnership Class in which we focus on the essentials of our faith and work alongside our children to help them develop the ability to articulate their understanding of the gospel. Once they can give a credible profession of faith and demonstrate the ability to examine themselves beforehand, the elders will make communion available to them.
To be sure you are always informed about the goings-on of New City Kids, complete the form below to be added to our monthly email newsletter.